Monday, May 11, 2009

What Grinds My Gears #2

You know what grinds my gears, the newer episodes of The Simpsons. I grew up on this show and I feel like anytime I see a show made past the year 2000, I die a little inside. You know there's problems when Bart is actually helpful and good to people, and when in the hell did he start playing Little League? I started watching the show when I was a few months old when it was on the Tracey Ullman Show and loved it. Some of the jokes and situations were more for adults, but I didn't have to get every single joke to love it and seeing those older episodes now, I have a new appreciation for those episodes. Now it's just catered to a younger audience with absolutely no depth when it comes to jokes and that's okay as long as Fox makes money. Fox and The Simpsons have spit in the face of every Simpsons fan who watched them through those first few unpopular years when the show was criticized by George H. W. Bush for it's content. In 1989, The Simpsons was edgy and controversial. In 2009, The Simpsons is probably the most appropriate family show in prime-time tv and it's obvious they can't get the jokes to make it work. And that's what grinds my gears.

No comments:

Post a Comment